SI3100-BWSurface Defect Inspector for Bare Wire
The Surface Inspector (SI3100-BW) is the only tool that can capture, analyze, and judge every square millimeter of your product. It is the most thorough method of detecting surface flaws on your bare wire available.
With Taymer’s Surface Inspector, you can be sure the product going to your customers meets your high standards and is without surface defects.
Reduced Surface DefectsThe Surface Inspector provides the operator with up-to-the-second digital image feedback of the current bare wire quality on any production line. This continuous stream of real time information -especially the failure images- allows the operator to isolate causes of imperfections. This result allows you to identify the causes of surface defects and prevents customer complaints or rejects.
Quality AssuranceUsing the Surface Inspector, you can capture images of your bare wire, save the images to disk and print them out to include in your quality reporting both internally and to your customers. The Surface Inspector’s display also makes it easy for engineering and production supervisors to examine the defect. Defect locations can also be recorded, this will allow for further analysis of the defects later on.
- Detect defect on bare wire
- Supports line speeds up to 400 meters per minute
- Two, three and four camera configurations available depending on coverage required and minimum defect requirement
- Alert operator and production machinery if any defects are found
- Record any defects for QA records and operator verification
- Save length for each defect to allow operators to easily locate the defects after detection
- Software analyzes full circumference and 100% of product length
- Maximum Line speed:
400 meters per minute
- Minimum detectable defect size: 0.2mm; 1mm; 5mm (Proportional to line speed)
- Cable Diameter Range: 0.5mm – 2mm; 2mm – 50mm; 50mm – 100mm
- Camera Configuration
- 4 Camera – 100% coverage of large cable diameters (>50mm)
- 3 Camera – 100% coverage of all cable diameters (<50mm)
- 2 Camera – detects most defects (narrow cable diameter range)
- Pixels per square mm
- ~100 for large diameter wires
- ~500 for small diameter wires
- Percent overlap between images: 5%
- Image processing: All images from all cameras are read, enhanced and analyzed, resulting in 100% product coverage at maximum line speed
- Lighting: LED or Halogen
- Location: Before Printer, on wires without print legends
- Power Supply: 110V or 220V depending on choice
- 18″ x 18″ x 20″ – L x W x H (without stand)
- 457 x 457 x 508mm – L x W x H
- Custom stands can be built