Indent Cable Printing Machines
Taymer’s indent printing technology is ideal for producing permanent marking on cold cable jackets. A typical location for these printers is after the water trough or in a separate rewinding line. Indent printers are very similar to hot foil printers, except indent printers do not use colored tape. Some models can print on top and bottom of the cable as well as metric and footage.
Taymer’s indent markers include critical features such as length measurement indicator, on the fly reset push button, and feedback temperature control for print segments.
On The Fly Reset
An electronic reset is included in the standard Emboss Printer. This unique feature allows the operator to reset the counter with a push of a button on the control panel, on-the-fly, without having to slow down the line.
A six digit sequential numbering comes standard on the indent printers. Taymer’s numbering head is easy to maintain and highly reliable: the numbering head can be disassembled, cleaned and reassembled in less than 10 minutes. Numbering heads with up to seven digits or decreasing heads are also available.
Print inserts are available in segments of any number of characters, or in individual characters allowing you to form your own words. Because the segments are variable in length, there are no restrictions on the number of characters per segment. The inserts can be installed anywhere around the full circumference of the drum at any desired location or spacing. Individual inserts are easily installed or removed or you can also remove the complete drum in a minute. Our unique print segment design is extremely cost efficient, typically less than half the cost of competing designs.
How it works:
- To print on cables, the operator sets up the print drum with print inserts and a print head.
- The print drum will heat up according to a set temperature.
- As the cable is passing through the printing area, the print drum (with print head and inserts) are rotating at a relative speed.
- At the point of contact between the print drum and the cable, the emboss steel characters presses into the jacket of the cable.
- The heat and pressure exerted on the drum provide a lasting print on the cable.
- As for the print head, it will advance automatically to the next number.