Surface Defect Detector – Dual view
The dual-camera-view Surface Defect Detector (SI2100) is designed to simultaneously inspect both sides of flat products. It is the most thorough method of detecting surface flaws available on bars, tape, and trim.
With Taymer’s dual view Surface Inspector, you can be sure that your products are without any surface defects and meet the standards in place for end-user satisfaction.
Reduced Surface Defects
The Surface Inspector provides the operator with up-to-the-second digital image feedback of your flat product quality on any production line. This continuous stream of real time information -especially the failure images- allows the operator to isolate causes of jacket imperfections and water soluble tape folds. This result allows you to identify the causes of surface defects and prevents customer complaints or rejects.
Using the Surface Inspector, you can capture images of your product, save the images to disk and print them out to include in your quality reporting both internally and to your customers. The Surface Inspector’s display also makes it easy for engineering and production supervisors to examine the defect. Defect locations can also be recorded, this will allow for further analysis of the defects later on.
- Detects pinholes, scratches, surface blemishes, discoloration, tears and more
- Supports line speeds up to 400 meters per minute
- Alerts operators and production machinery for any found defects
- Records any defects for QA records and operator verification
- Saves length for each detected defect to allow operators to easily locate them after detection
- Software analyzes 100% of product length
- Maximum Line speed:
400 meters per minute
- Minimum detectable defect size:
0.1 mm and up – exact size depends on application
- Cable Diameter Range:
0.5 mm and up – Other diameters available upon request
- Pixels per square mm
- ~100 for large diameter tapes
- ~500 for small diameter tapes
- Up to 100,000 for metal pipe, bar and plate
- Percent overlap between images:
- Image processing:
All images from all cameras are read, enhanced and analyzed, resulting in 100% product coverage at maximum line speed
LED or Halogen
Before Printer, on product without print legends
- Power Supply:
110V or 220V depending on choice
- 18″ x 18″ x 20″ – L x W x H (without stand)
- 457 x 457 x 508mm – L x W x H
- Custom stands can be built