Hot Foil Printing TechnologyTaymer’s hot foil printing technology is ideal for bright, clear, high quality cable marking on tough-to-mark-on surfaces like Cross Linked Polyethylene, Nylon and Teflon. Hot foil printing is a very durable method of cable marking, well suited for outside plant cable marking. Due to the flexible design, some models can print on top and bottom of the cable as well as metric and footage.
Reduced Tape ConsumptionThe hot foil printer reduces tape consumption through a combination of the servo driven print drum and the vacuum air accumulator tape management system. The end result is the print wheel is in contact with the product only when the print message needs to be printed. This unique design often reduces tape consumption by 50%.
Multiple Hot Foil Tape ColoursHot foil tape can come in a variety of different colors. Some colors include red, yellow, blue, green, white, and black. This variety allows cables to be printed with a color stripe for color coding purposes.
Safety GuardThe Taymer safety guard allows the operator to easily thread and rethread tape without raising the guard or stopping the printer. The safety guard locked to raise unless the printer has stop ensuring operators safety. Furthermore, it requires absolutely no maintenance, always safeguarding your operators. locked to raise unless the printer has stop ensuring operators safety. Furthermore, it requires absolutely no maintenance, always safeguarding your operators.
How it works:
- To print on cables, the operator sets up the print drum with print inserts and a print head and the hot foil tape.
- The print drum will heat up according to a set temperature.
- As the cable is passing through the printing area, the print drum (with print head and inserts) are rotating at a relative speed.
- At the point of contact between the print drum and the cable, print characters are transferred onto the cable by heat-pressing through the colored hot foil tape.
- Depending on the pressure, an indent is usually formed on the cable as well, giving a permanent colored print on the cable.
- The used part of the hot foil tape will advance forward and would not be used until the next set of prints. As for the print head, it will advance automatically to the next number.
- This printing cycle can happen at a rate of 600 feet / minute.